Ready to workout at home but not sure what to get? Here are some of my favorite fitness items and things you need for your home gym.
- You need to start with a solid training program and I highly recommend the workout programs by Ashley Horner. Trust me, these are intense and TOUGH workouts that will deliver results!
2. ASICS: The BEST running shoes for the whole family!
3. Dumbbells: Instead of taking up a lot of room with various sizes, I love these adjustable dumbbells from Bowflex! These are a must for your home workouts!
I love this band for glute work. Want to build a strong booty? Get this! I use to in all of my glute workouts and it is one of my favorite ways to target that trouble area on my outer thighs. See it in use over here.
Things you need for your home gym
5. Dynamax Med balls: Soft med ball that can be used in tons of exercises. My personal favorite is Wall balls!
6. Kettlebells: Get some online or shop the Facebook yard sales for great deals.
7. Lauren Brooks kettlebell DVDs: If you are new to kettlebells or just want an awesome workout, I highly recommend all of Lauren’s DVDs.
8. Battle Ropes: I love these because they are non-impact but deliver a fantastic cardio workout! If you have the space, you need these for your home gym!
9. Foam Roller: a must for everyone! Get the extra firm….you will have a love/hate relationship with it!
10. The BOB Jogging Stroller: If you have little ones and love to run or even just take long walks. This is by far THE BEST RUNNING STROLLER out there! The price tag is high, but it is worth every penny! Get one here, don’t delay!
11. TRX: Hang this over any door and you are able to do endless variations of pull ups, rows, abs, etc. It is also portable so you can bring it to the park on when you are on vacation.