Keep your focus by reminding yourself you have worked too hard for the past 10 months to blow it all over the next two!
Kohl’ s asked me to share some tips for keeping fit during the holidays, so here are a few to get you started.
- Have a plan: schedule in your workouts and make them happen. No excuses.
- Delicious foods and desserts are available all year long, there is no reason why you have to overeat at holiday parties. Have a few bites, enjoy, and move on. No need to stuff yourself just because it is the holiday season.
- Don’t eat your feelings: if the holidays bring you down, reach out to friends and family for a support system instead of turning to food. Ask for help and talk through your feelings.
- Limit the alcohol: not only is it full of sugar and empty calories, but can also lead you to overeating. Drink water as much as you can.
- Don’t stress. (easier said than done, right?) Stress elevates cortisol which has been shown to increase belly fat. Take long walks, deep breathing, and other calming activities to keep yourself in the right mind.
In addition to sharing fit tips, Kohl’s asked me to share with you some items rom their activewear line. I have to say that Kohl’s is one of my favorite places to shop because I can get clothes for my whole family. They always have great sales and you can get even more savings with their coupons.
I love that Kohl’s sells name brand items like Nike, Asics, Champion and more.
They sent me a bunch of clothes to try out and here are a few of my favorites!
These shorts are awesome. They offer compression, they don’t ride up, and they are super soft.
And I love this New Balance impact hoodie as it’s perfect to throw on after a workout as I head out the door. My 5 year old is also wearing pants I got him from Kohl’s. I think my whole family wears something from Kohl’s every single day!
Be sure to check out their activewear section the next time you are there and don’t forget your coupons for extra savings!
Do you have any tips on how you stay fit during the holidays? Please share in the comments!
Disclosure: I received products and compensation for this post by my love for Kohl’s is all my own.