If you are a Seinfeld fan, you should be familiar with the celebration known as Festivus. If you have no idea what I am talking about, click over here for a brief description.
Let us begin with the airing of the fitness grievances! Here are a few of mine:
- People at the gym who sweat everywhere and don’t bother to clean it up.
- A fitness instructor who has ZERO energy, especially at 5:30 in the morning.
- People who talk non-stop during an aerobics class. If you are chatting with your neighbor, you are NOT working out. This also applies to people who are jabbering on their cell phone.
- Arriving at the gym and realizing you left your Ipod at home.
- Planning to workout during the kids’ nap time and having them decide they will NOT nap.
What are your fitness grievances?
Now it is time for the Feats of Strength! Instead of wrestling the head of household, let’s do this mini-workout instead:
- How many push ups can you crank out in one minute?
- and lunges? Again, 1 minute.
- Crunches? 1 minute!
- and finally, wrap it up with 1 minute of low plank.
I feel much better now, don’t you?
Happy Festivus gang!