1. Vanilla almond milk: less calories than regular milk but more calcium. Dairy and gluten free.
2. handful of Organic baby spinach: gives it a punch of iron and magnesium
3. Chia seeds: full of fiber, protein, and calcium!
4. Frozen strawberries: vitamin C and they taste great!
5. 1/4 avocado: not only do these give it a creamier taste, but they provide a great combo of potassium, fiber, and healthy fat!
6. 1/4 banana: adds some great flavor plus potassium
7. Protein powder: I just switched over the GNC PUREDGE Complete Vegan (chocolate flavor, of course!) and love it! My stomach can’t handle whey protein, so I am happy I found a plant based protein that tastes great! GNC PUREDGE™ Complete Vegan contains 20g of protein and 10g of aminos from five plant-based sources with no soy, gluten or dairy. It has no artificial flavors, colors or sweeteners.
I mix it all up in my Vitamix while I make breakfast for my kids and then drink it on the go. It is the perfect breakfast that is convenient, delicious, and nutritious!
How about you? What do you put in your smoothies?
Disclosure: This post is brought to you by GNC and The Motherhood. All opinions are my own.