Hi, my name is Lisa and I am addicted to fitness equipment! I don’t belong to a gym but I am lucky enough to have space in my house for some really cool fitness toys.
Here are my top favorites (right now!)
1. Ropes: These give you a killer cardio and strength workout at the same time! When they first arrived I created a workout that was 2 minutes on/2 minutes off. I was humbled very quickly when I could barely do it for 20 seconds! Some people can make them on their own, I got mine from Amazon. (thankful for Prime!)
2. Weight sled: Not only does this make you look and feel like Betty badass, but it gives you a crazy burn in your glutes and legs. Highly recommend if you have the room. It doesn’t tear up my carpet, in fact it makes it look like I just vacuumed so people think I’m really tidy. (not!) I got mine with a gift card from Dick’s Sporting Goods. You could probably make a similar version on your own. Added bonus is the kids like to “ride” it for extra resistance!
3. Olympic bar: To build the muscles, you must lift HEAVY! I got mine off of Craigslist. You can always find abandoned equipment on Craigslist!
4. Kettlebells: These never get old for me. I have probably too many, but I really do use them all in some way, shape or form. The key here is to get one heavy enough to challenge you. The ones from Dragon Door are expensive, but I have found them to be the best quality without tearing up my hands. Every so often they have a special on pricing or shipping too! Kettlebells are portable and love to come on vacation with me!
5. A simple bench: This allows you do to so many different exercises– step ups, split squats, bench press, dips, etc. I found mine at a yard sale for $10. It’s not top of the line, but it does the trick!
6. Slam (or Jam!) ball: I’ve talked about this one before. If you are going through a tough time in life, I highly recommend one of these. It gives you a workout AND provides a great outlet for all that anger. (trust me on this one) I got mine from Perform Better when they were having a sale.
These are my favorites at my house right now.
Want to come over and play?