In January I decided to overhaul my life and finally get rid of the baby weight from 4 back to back pregnancies. I came across Metabolic Effect, and found their program was exactly what I needed to reach my goals.
Since then, I’ve lost about 20 pounds. :)
People who haven’t seen me in awhile, usually ask me the same questions–to which I respond:
- No, I’m not starving myself.
- No, I don’t eat only broccoli.
- And no, I am not working out for hours a day.
There is so much misinformation out there about weight loss, it’s no wonder that people just don’t know how or where to start.
Here are 5 reasons why the entire conversation of DIET drives me insane:
- Eat your VEGGIES! Just fill your plate with fibrous vegetables (think GREEN! Broccoli, asparagus, spinach, etc.) at every single meal. (yes, even breakfast.) Fill your belly with this good stuff, and you will find that you aren’t that hungry for the other junk. I am amazed by people, who claim they are trying to lose weight, yet they don’t eat a single vegetable ALL day long!
- If one more person asks me if I am eating “Paleo” or ‘low carb’, I am going to scream. No, I am not. I like a bun on my burger. I eat M&Ms (too much). For the most part though, I eat a clean diet, full of #1, almost every day. Just eat REAL food. Stay away from the crap, eat fresh veggies (lots of them!), lean organic protein, and minimal carbs. I cannot say enough good things about Metabolic Effect. Their entire program (nutrition, fitness, and mindset) has done wonders for my life!
- Stop going gluten free just because you heard it might make you lose weight. Yes, there are people who have legitimate issues with gluten. Others, however, use it as the latest diet! I personally have no issues (knock on wood) with gluten, so I don’t worry about it. And just because something is gluten free, does NOT mean it’s healthy for you. (for example: gluten free brownies are STILL brownies!)
- Stop starving yourself! Ugh, this one baffles me. Food is GOOD people! If you are hungry all the time……you are probably really grumpy! Not to mention, you are shutting down your metabolism and only making it harder on yourself. Once you start eating again (because you have to unless you plan on dying soon), your body is going to hang onto every last calorie because it’s going to say ”I don’t know when this fool is going to feed me again so hell no, I am not burning a single calorie right now!” Stop that nonsense and eat!
- It’s annoying to constantly ask someone what they are eating, doing, and why. The key you are looking for is to find what works for YOU! Stop asking the same questions….and stop complaining with the same EXCUSES… (because I’m sorry—everyone has excuses)—-and just go out there and make the changes you want to see in your life.
There is no magic pill, DVD, or universal program. If there was, Oprah would be a very thin & fit woman! :)