As you all know, I love me some kettlebells. After going through my HKC certification, I’m very aware of the importance of proper form and instruction when it comes to kettlebells. Someday, I would love to get my RKC. (like Girl Hero, or Sistas of Strength, or Super Strong Nana!)
In the meantime, I just do the best that I can with my home workouts and occasional studio visits.
Lately my home workouts have changed a bit because I received a review copy of the RKS (Reinhardt Kettlebell Sytems) workout. This is a progressive program that says will transform your body over 4 weeks. It is made of of 16 workouts that are only 30 minutes each.
As much as I love the intensity of programs like P90x, it is just not practical for my life. I barely have a spare 10 minutes to brush my teeth, I certainly don’t have an extra 90-120 minutes in my day for just me.
Here are the things I really love about the RKS:
- The instructor (Owen Evans) is an RKC instructor. He knows proper form and each DVD spends time showing you the proper form for the moves.
- The countdown timer on the screen. I love knowing exactly how long I will be doing an exercise.
- The detailed descriptions. Again, I love the heads up of what is coming up next.
- Quick and effective. I get an awesome workout in a fairly short period of time.
- Minimal equipment needed. Just me and my kettlebells.
There were a few “cons” for me, but they may not matter to you.
- As someone who has been using kettlebells for awhile, I found the first few DVDs a little boring. Since it’s a progressive system, you start out with the basics and then build.
- Since I have small kids, it’s hard for me to focus on the TV, so there were many times I missed an exercise because I had to break up a fight or soothe a crying baby. Such is the life of a mom!
So gang, if you are looking for a complete kettlebell program taught by a certified (and attractive!) instructor, go on over and check out the RKS!
Save 15% off by using code ‘workoutmommy’ but HURRY, it’s only good through 8/31/12!
Disclosure: I received the RKS System for the sole purpose of a review. I was not paid for this post, it is my honest opinion. This post does contain affiliate links.