I am in a FUNK.
Is it seasonal?
or related to having babies?
who knows…..I just know that it’s a struggle to get up and going on
most many mornings.
So I’ve come up with a de-FUNK list for me and maybe it will help you too?
1. Smile! Yes, even if I have to fake it. I found this quote over on I can Teach my child and it is so very true!
“Your day will go the way the corners of your mouth turn.”
It also isn’t fair to my kids if I am frowning and upset all the time. So I will slap a big ole fat smile on my face and hopefully after a little while it won’t be fake anymore?
2. Exercise: as much as I love to exercise and KNOW that it will make me feel better, I’ve found myself saying “what’s the point?” a lot lately. I’m not losing weight, I’m not getting faster with my running, so why should I bother? Simply because it makes me feel good! So I need to just get up and move, even if it’s for only 10-15 minutes. (while smiling!)
3. Eat better: chocolate chip cookies and brownies are not going to make things better. This I need to put on a sticker on my forehead. (or my mouth?) I need to clean up my eating and CUT OUT SUGAR. Anyone out there want to be my sugar sponsor? (because I definitely need an intervention and rehab!)
4. Sleep. This is something I desperately need. (Can someone send my baby a memo that he is no longer a newborn and needs to sleep longer than 3 hours at a time? Thanks!) Chronic sleep deprivation has serious consequences and it has taken it’s toll on me both mentally and physically. I am beyond tired and need to focus on getting more quality sleep to help improve my mood and life!
5. Unplug. Put down the phone, iPad, and laptop and spend some time actually living my life. Lately when I jump on Twitter or Facebook (or Pinterest, or Google+….seriously I cannot keep up!) I do not feel a sense of “community”, instead I get overwhelmed with feelings of comparison and jealousy. It seems everyone else has kids that listen, a clean and super organized house, they went for a 15 mile run before dawn andthey are going on an awesome vacation, or blog sponsored trip, while grandma watches the kids.
Long story short, social media is bringing me down. I need to step away from the computer (a lot) and just breathe in the 4 little beings that make up my REAL world. The internet will go on without me and that is ok.
So I am hopeful that if I focus on these 5 things I can rise out of my funk and breathe again.
How do you pull yourself out of a funk?