More veggies please with the Healthy Habits Plate

Here is a fun way to get more veggies in your kids, get them a Healthy Habits plate from Super Healthy Kids! This plate teaches kids that half their plate should be full of fruits and vegetables, 1/4 of their plate should be filled with protein, and 1/4 of the plate with grains.

Not only is it educational for your kids, but it is fun too! My son is just starting to pick up on the concept of filling his plate with healthy foods (and I think my husband might get it soon as well!)

So for all the kids (or husbands/wives) in your life that need a little direction when it comes to healthy eating, get them this plate!

Want to win your own Healthy Habits plate? Click on over to Amy’s site and check out her recipes. Come back here and leave me a comment telling me which one is your favorite. The lucky winner will be drawn at random on Tuesday, November 25 at 9pm EST. (open to US addresses only)

Thanks Amy for all of your great healthy food ideas!

1. Ginny says

My daughter would love this plate! I clicked on the link, and I am very intrigued by the healthy granola bars recipe. That’s my reward right there. Thanks!

2. says

I really like the plate! I see things like that and I think “Now, why didn’t I think of that?”

My vote is for the granola bars. I’ve been wanting to find a good tasting, healthy bar recipe…I’ll give it a try.

3. Brooke says

I made her whole wheat waffles this morning and they were really good. I substituted applesauce for the canola oil and they were a little more dense, but VERY yummy.

The plate makes soooo much sense! I love it!

4. Jamie says

Oooo, the Zuccini Bread sounds De-lish! Sign me up…my girls need that plate, hehe. Mommy could probably use it to :-)

5. says

Ooh. I’m all about the pumpkin cranberry bread. I usually make pumpkin bread AND cranberry nut bread for the holidays, so I’d kill 2 birds with one stone.

The plate is fabulous. I’m a visual person, so that’d totally help us all “get it.”

Sandwicheds last blog post..WFMW: Banana Boats

6. says

Zucchini bread for me. The Chocolate Zucchini Cake link is broken but that was my first choice.

The plate is adorable. I would use it for myself. I know it sounds silly but I think it would be very helpful to keep me on track with my portion control actually. Thanks!

Angies last blog post..How many calories are you drinking?

7. Renda says

Black Bean Burgers looks like the simplest recipe I have ever seen for such a thing.
    Looking forward to trying it when hubby isn’t home.

Thanks for pointing to that site.

8. says

Those pumpkin cookies looks like it would taste a lot of fun :)

Mercolas last blog post..Soften and Smoothen Your Smoochers with Natural Lip Balm because Chapped Lips Are A Turn Off

9. workoutmommyworkoutmommy says

sandwiched-congrats, you are the winner! Email me your mailing address so you can get your plate. Thanks for reading! :)

1. […] here: More veggies please with the Healthy Habits Plate | Workout Mommy Author: Time: Thursday, November 20th, 2008 at 10:32 pm Category: Uncategorized Comments: […]