Have you planked today?

Are you planking? I hope so!

Planks are a powerhouse exercise that works all of your core muscles. They can be done anywhere at anytime.

• Still in your PJ’s? Good news–planks don’t require special clothing!
  • Out in your backyard with the kids? Drop down and do planks!
  • At a summer barbecue with friends? Wow them with your planking skills!

Do them gang. No excuses!

Here is an excellent video clip of the various levels of planks. Have fun!

1. Hannah says

I used to love planks. I need to do them again- my core needs help. Going now- I can plank while the punks eat their breakfast. The video is great!

Hannah’s last blog post..Decadence List

2. Sagan says

LOVE the planking. And I always work out in my pj’s when I’m at home:)

Sagan’s last blog post..Push Up Challenges and Diets

3. Alice says

What I love about the plank is how innocuous it looks, until your whole body starts to shake and hurt…

4. says

Getting ready to do this with Jillian in level 3 in a few days………

KFJ’s last blog post..What’s Going on With…..ME

5. Alyssa says

I heart the Plank! I make my clients do lots of them in my pilates classes, ’cause I used to hate them, but they’ve made me SO STRONG! And I want my clients to FEEL THE POWER OF THE PLANK!!!!!

{Ahem} But they are really great.

6. says

Plankies are fun and effective.

For those of us who sit a lot and have rounded shoulders try this:

As you’re doing a plank, squeeze your shoulder blades together.

Note about planks: it is very easy to overdo this one and hurt your back. If you back is ‘talking’ to you. Stop, rest, do it again.

Make sure to suck in your abs as you’re doing the exercise. That way you are working against gravity and getting a heck-of-a-workout(yes it is one word).

Denis Kanygin’s last blog post..10 tips for lower back pain relief: Tip #4 Strong Abs

7. says

I’m not yet at the hearting of the plank but I try get it in every session. Then my trainer throws in plank plus leg raises and I would kill him if I had the energy.

But yeah, oh so good for those abs!

Gemfit’s last blog post..“Good” vs “Bad”

8. says

Brilliant! I will try and plank tomorrow morning, afternoon and night. I’ve never seen this before. Very cool!

Sandy (Momisodes)’s last blog post..It’s Over, and I’m Not Feeling All That Good About It

9. says

I love my planks!! They’re one of the exercises that I love to hate! :)

Cynthia’s last blog post..Mario Lopez and Audrina Patridge Dish on Diet Secrets